DIVORCE, I BECAME A VICTIM OF IT TOO!

I will never forget the day before my ex-wife filed for legal separation and that later turned into a divorce. On April 22, 2002, I was working on my computer late at night, around 11 pm, when suddenly, right before my own eyes, I saw this dark and very short creature standing in between me and my computer, then I heard this inexpressible voice saying, “I came to destroy you”, after he said that he disappeared. Well, I went to bed thinking about that encounter, but I did not take it very seriously nor didn’t take authority over the spirit that just had appeared to me, and consequently, on the following morning, me and my wife had another argument that turned out to be the event that separated us. The bible says, “Our fight is not against flesh and blood, but against principalities (evil spirits)” Ephesians 6, but how many of us really understand that? It amazes me how the devil has been successfully blinding Christians, I mean ordinary Christians and leaders, within the church. We have the knowledge but we lack wisdom. We hear over and over again that “the devil is seeking to whom he may devour” I Peter 5:8, and “the thief only comes to kill, and to steal, and to destroy” John 10:10a, but we are not fighting the causer of all disputes, splits, enmities and struggles. We hear about, but in reality we don’t believe that the devil really is the one acting behind the scene. It’s easier to blame one another for the wrong doing. I actually don’t blame the devil for that, he is doing his job, I blame myself and the Christian leaders for the lack of knowledge and understanding of the facts, as Hosea 4:6 says, ” my people are destroyed from lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I also reject you as my priests; because you have ignored the law of your God, I also will ignore your children.” My dear friends, the devil is still the one killing, stealing and destroying. Jesus even said that in John 10:10a. How much longer are we letting him keep deceiving us and deceiving our children? How are we going to fight him? Keep this in mind, we cannot cure demon possession with counseling, medicine or prescription medications, we will free someone from demon possession by casting out the devils tormenting the person who’s been afflicted. I’m fed up with the type of teachings I hear no the radio and in churches that don’t tell the truth. We need to teach our people how to fight and resist the devil. We need to encourage them to exercise their faith and authority over the evil one. Is that too hard? Evil spirits were made to be trampled by Spirit-filled Christians. We were saved by Jesus Christ not just to go to heaven, but to also exercise our authority on earth as He commended us to. Luke 10:19 “I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy, and nothing will harm you.” How hard is that? Do you want to learn how to trample the devil underfoot? Then, study God’s word, especially the gospels and observe how Jesus did and do the same. I encourage you to study all the gospels, especially the gospel of Mark so that you can see how Jesus performed so you can also perform alike. Just like divorce and lies, there are many other struggles Christians are facing on a regular basis, such as alcoholism, sexual impurity, incurable diseases, etc. Remember, “the thief (Satan) only comes to kill, and to steal, and to destroy, but I have come that they may have life and have it more abundantly” John 10:10 . We have a powerful enemy! Let’s fight him using our spiritual weapons described in Ephesians 6:10-18 and Luke 10:19. “Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.” Ephesians 6:10-18 “I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you.” Luke 10:19

Comments

Popular posts from this blog